What to Do if Your Jenn-Air Ice Maker is Making Too Much Ice
If your Jenn-Air ice maker is making too much ice check the following:
- Check to make sure the ice maker is level
- Check the bin sensor to make sure it is not blocked or dirty
- Check to make sure the accelerated ice feature is not turned on
Is the ice maker level?
It is important for the ice maker to be level in order to work properly. Depending upon where you install the ice maker, you may need to make several adjustments to level it. You may also use the leveling legs to lower the height of the ice maker for under counter installations.
CLICK HERE for more information on how to level the ice maker
Is the bin sensor blocked or dirty?
The ice level sensor is located on the right side wall of the ice storage bin and monitors the ice levels. If the sensor is blocked or dirty it could cause the ice maker to stop ice production or make too much ice.
Check the following:
- It is important to make sure that the bin sensor is not blocked by the ice scoop or any other items that may be in the bin.
- We don't recommend storing anything in bin, other than the ice that is produced and the supplied ice scoop.
- NOTE: Remember to store the ice scoop in the holder to avoid blocking the bin sensor.
- Check to make sure the sensor is not dirty or has a mineral build up. The sensor can be cleaned with a soft towel and warm soapy water.
Is the Max Ice, Fast Ice or Accelerated Ice feature turned on?
Select the accelerated ice production feature when you have an upcoming need for a large amount of ice and the ice bin is low or empty. Max Ice, Fast Ice or Accelerated Ice mode will produce a greater quantity of ice in a 24-hour period
CLICK HERE for more information on how to use the Accelerated Ice feature
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.