How to Remove or Reset the Door Hinge - Soft Closure Feature
How to Reset the Bottom Door Hinge on a Jenn-Air Refrigerator
For your convenience, the refrigerator doors have bottom hinges with door closers. These closers allow the doors to swing fully closed with just a gentle push.
IMPORTANT: So that the closers feature will operate properly, the doors must be removed only when open to a 90° angle to the front of the cabinet. If one or both doors were not at a 90° angle when removed, the bottom door hinge must be reset.
- Lift the door from the bottom hinge pin and place it on a flat surface.
- Using a driver with a #2 square bit, remove the bottom hinge with the bushing from the cabinet.
- Insert the bottom hinge and bushing into the corresponding slot in the bottom of the door.
NOTE: Make sure that the base of the hinge is parallel to the bottom of the door.
- Turn the hinge until the hinge base is at a 90° angle to the bottom edge of the door.
- Remove the hinge from the door. Using a driver with a #2 square bit, reattach the bottom hinge to the refrigerator cabinet.
- The hinge is now reset and prepared for the door to be replaced.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.