Removing Odor from a Refrigerator
How to prevent or reduce odors
- Keep foods tightly wrapped or covered this also helps keep food from drying out
- Wipe spills up immediately
- Clean both section about once a month
- Keep Refrigerator and Freezer well organized, including crisper drawers will help you manage freshness levels
- Discard any spoiled or rotten food
- Routinely clean under the refrigerator, removing any dirt or items that may have gotten trapped under the refrigerator.
- Some models come with an air filter which is 15 times more powerful than baking soda at reducing common food odors inside the refrigerator. If your refrigerator has an air filter, regularly replace the filter based on the indicator tab.
How to remove basic odors
Most normally odors can be eliminated with normal basic cleaning. Making sure that you routinely clean the interior of the refrigerator to help prevent a build up of odors and smells.
CLICK HERE for instructions on Basic Odor Removal
How to remove stubborn odors
Only use this process if the above, "Basic Odor Removal", process did not work. Depending on how strong the odor or smell is, it may take several weeks for the odor to be eliminated. For best results this process should be completed with an empty refrigerator.
CLICK HERE for instructions on Stubborn Odor Removal
Is the refrigerator located in an area where paint, stain or varnish was recently used?
Ventilate the area where the refrigerator is located if the area has been recently been painted, stained or varnished. These types of odors can enter the refrigerator when the doors are opened and/or through the cooling process.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.