How to Install a Jenn-Air Portable Dishwasher
To install the aerator:
The dishwasher accessory package contains a faucet adapter, gasket, and aerator adapter for the faucet coupler.
- Unscrew and remove the existing aerator or strainer from the sink faucet.
- If the faucet has external threads compatible with the aerator, it will not be necessary to use the adapter ring. Use special care when removing the cardboard cap from the aerator assembly; contents are under pressure due to a spring inside the assembly. For more information on the aerator assembly, click here. Screw the aerator assembly onto the faucet and securely tighten it.
- If the faucet has internal threads compatible with the adapter, install the gasket and adapter ring and securely tighten. Install the aerator assembly.
- If no threads are provided, or if threads do not match the faucet for the adapting ring or aerator, adapters may be obtained from a parts catalog or from a plumber. There are adapters available that will fit almost all types of faucets.
- Move the dishwasher into position. Remove the coupler from the receptacle and press down on the thumb release. Connect the faucet coupler to the faucet, and remove pressure from the thumb release to firmly hold the coupler in place.
- Fully open the hot water faucet. Water should not leak from any of the fittings.
CLICK HERE for more information on installing the aerator
To connect to the water and electrical supply:
- Run water at the faucet until it is hot, and then turn off the water.
- Pull the hoses out of the storage compartment on the back of the dishwasher
- Pull down on the locking collar while lifting the hose connector onto the faucet adapter
- When the connector snaps into place, release the locking collar.
- Slowly turn on the hot water until it is on all the way.
- Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
To use the faucet:
Press the button on the hose connector to draw water from the faucet. (The faucet is set on hot. Adjust the faucet to the desired water temperature).
- Do not draw water while the dishwasher is filling or while water is being pumped. (This will help avoid a low fill when the dishwasher is filling, or when mixing drain water with fresh water when the dishwasher is draining.)
- Turn the hot water back on after you draw water from the faucet. Turn off the cold water.
To disconnect the dishwasher:
- Turn off the hot water. (This can be done after the last rinse.)
- Press the button on the connector to release the water pressure.
- Slightly lift the hose connector while pressing down on the thumb release. Pull down on the connector.
- Empty any remaining water from the connector by turning the connector upside-down.
- Unplug the power supply cord and return it to the storage compartment.
- Return the hoses to the storage compartment.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.