Cleaning Traditional Stainless Steel - Wall Oven
What type of Stainless Steel finish does your appliance have?
Each type of Stainless Steel finish requires a different method of cleaning. Please see each finish type below for proper cleaning instructions. You can also reference your Owner's Manual for additional information.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
How to Clean Traditional Stainless Steel
To clean and care for your stainless steel surfaces, follow these suggestions:
IMPORTANT: To avoid damage to the finish, do not use soap-filled scouring pads, abrasive or harsh cleaners, any cleaning product containing chlorine bleach, steel-wool pads, gritty washcloths or certain paper towels.
To Clean and Care:
- Spray affresh™ Stainless Steel cleaner on a clean microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the stainless steel in the direction of the grain.
To Restore Luster:
- Use the affresh™ Stainless steel wipes; follow the recommendations and directions on the label.
- Wipe off any excess and use special care to avoid contact with any plastic parts, trim pieces, or rubber door gaskets. If the polish does contact any of these plastic parts, clean them with a nonabrasive sponge and mild detergent in warm water.
- Thoroughly dry the area with a soft cloth.
affresh® cleaners are available at many retailers. Find one here.
If affresh™ Stainless Steel cleaner is not available:
- Wash surfaces with warm, soapy water using liquid detergent and a nonabrasive sponge. Always rub evenly in the direction of the grain.
- Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Use a clean, dry towel to polish the surface in the direction of the grain until it shines.
- Water that is not completely dried off can cause discoloration - Water may contain iron that will initiate this discoloration
If you would like to purchase one of these accessories, you may visit your local retailer or Order Accessories online.
Still need help? Contact us or schedule service.
Please contact us or click below to make an appointment from our preferred list of service providers for service on your appliances.
Still need help? Call or schedule service.
You may need assistance from a qualified technician. Call 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247) or click below to schedule an appointment.