Cleaning Burner Grates and Caps on your Jenn-Air Cooktop
If your grates or caps are looking dirty or dingy, try to following to help clean them:
IMPORTANT: Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the cooktop is cool. Soap, water and a soft cloth or sponge are suggested first unless otherwise noted.
- Use nonabrasive plastic scrubbing pad and mildly abrasive cleaner. Clean as soon as cooktop, grates and caps are cool.
- Do not clean burner caps or grates in the oven during a Self-Cleaning cycle.
- Do not wash burner caps in the dishwasher.
- Some grates may be washed in the dishwasher. Use the most aggressive cycle. Cooked / burned on soils on grates should be soaked or scrubbed before being placed in the dishwasher. Refer to your Owner's Manual to verify if grates can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Food spills containing acids, such as vinegar and tomato, should be cleaned as soon as the cooktop, grates and caps are cool. These spills may affect the finish.
- To avoid chipping, do not bang grates and caps against each other or hard surfaces such as cast iron cookware.
Reinstall burner cap:
Be sure the correct burner cap is on the correct burner base. The burner base and underside of the burner cap may have a mark indicating which burner cap and burner base match.
When reinstalling the burner cap; make sure the alignment pins are properly aligned with the burner cap as shown below. The burner cap should fit flush with the burner base and have very little side to side movement.
- Do not reinstall caps on burners while wet.
Cap must sit correctly on burner head: The burner cap should fit flush with the burner base and have very little side to side movement.
Cap must be seated on the burner base to light and perform properly. Typical burners shown below:
Burner cap: Always keep the burner cap in place when using a surface burner. A clean burner cap will help avoid poor ignition and uneven flames. Always clean the burner cap after a spillover and routinely remove and clean the caps. Do not reinstall wet caps on burners.
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.